Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Industrial Textures Mood Boards

Mood board Part I: Research

1. Old, Rusty, Broken windows, Trash, Boarded windows/doors.
Definition: Industrial is strong and upholding while being old and rusted at the same time.

Industrial may refer to:

Industrial architecture
Industry, history
Industrial neighborhoods
Industrial cities
Industrial time era
Industrial lighting

Mood board Part II: Visual

1. Places Visual














Mood Board Part III: Colors Industrial Color Texture






2. Industrial Textures Visuals







3. Industrial Objects












Mood Board Part IV: Execution

1. Places: I visited random neighborhoods in Reading. There were old factories with missing windows and boarded up doors. I also took pictures of a rusty bridge and a concrete bridge with lots of graffiti. I took a picture of rusty steps with snow on them. There were random train tracks in some of my pictures as well that added some extra "industrialness" (making up words) to it.

2. Textures: I am hoping to find steel textures with ridges and more rusty like things. I may look into GoggleWorks as well as some factories in Reading.

3. Objects: I am going to take pictures of old ropes, rusty barbed wire, bundles of rusty chains, and rusty keys, nails, and screws. I am going to look throughout Reading and I will go to Googleworks as well.

Mood Board Part V: Bringing it together

I want to combine the steel textures with the concrete bridge and maybe add some warning signs and trash to the picture as well. If i use the rusty bridge, I would want to add steel textures and possible some random rope here and there. I will use the ropes and barbed wire as barriers to the entrances of each bridge picture. I will use the nails, screws, and keys as trash on the ground in one of the pictures. I will take pictures of warning signs as well to add to one of the pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment